In-House Basketball Registration opens November 4th!
Early Bird Price $100
UpdatedFriday October 18, 2019 byHCYS.
In-house Online Registration opens November 4th, 2019
Registration Cost: $125
Early Bird Registration November only - $100
Late registrations will be allowed after December 31 based on availablity - $150. We reserve the right to close registration on December 31st. Season starts in early January.
HCYS Youth Basketball is for 2nd - 5th grade boys. (Limited spots for 1st grade)
Season runs from January to March 2020.
10 in season games (weather permitting)
Mandatory Player Evaluations for 4th and 5th grade teams and In- Person Registraion will be held on the following dates and times:
Saturday, November 16th 9:30 am - 12 Noon
Friday, November 22nd 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Saturday, December 7th 9:30 am - 12 Noon
HCYS Winter 2020 Basketball League Info
- Head Coaches and Asst Coaches are needed for every grade level. Coach Meeting Saturday, December 21st.
- Each team is assigned one weekday practice (M-F) at various Danbury Schools.
- Games are played on Saturdays at Pembroke, Park Ave or Rogers Park .
- Each team will play 1-2 games a week.
- If a player will be absent from practice or a game; notify the head coach in advance.
- A parent or guardian must remain with player during each game or practice.
- Practices will begin the first or second week of January.
- Players will be notified of their team assignments by the end of December.
- 4th and 5th grade team’s games are on regulation rims. Games will be running time.
- 4th and 5th teams will have play-off games.
- 4th and 5th grade teams are drafted so coach and team requests will not be honored at the organization level.
- Parent volunteers are needed at every game to serve as score keeper and time keeper.
- Picture day is TBD
- Games schedules will be posted to website: www.hcys.org
- Parents and coaches are encouraged to utilize the SI Play app for team communications. You may download the app in the Play store or App Store.
- League emails will be generated from our outgoing mail sever: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will display as Danbury Hatters – Hat City Youth Sports. To ensure you receive emails about schedule changes, school closing, etc., ensure these are not directed to your SPAM folders.
Contact us at: Basketball@hcys.org